This witchcraft dictionary is for everyone to use to get a clearer definition of different words that are used in witchcraft. To get more information about a specific witchcraft word simply click on the word and it will take you to a page of information.
- Age of Aquarius – the ‘‘New Age’ of mankind
- Astral Plane – the world of the supernatural
- Autumn Equinox – one of the four lesser Sabbats
- Chakra – the spiritual energy centers of the human body
- Challenge – tests courage before initiation into witchcraft
- Charge – commands given by the Goddess to the High Priestess
- Coven – a coven is a gathering of witches
- Curse – the use of supernatural power to inflict harm
- Exorcism – the expulsion of demons from a possessed body
- Elizabethan Age – known as an era of intellectual growth and Renaissance. Intellecual growth led to persecution of the witches and believers in the witchcraft.
- Fairy Ring – a powerful site where whitches perform spells
- Goddess Venus – the goddess of love and beauty
- Lycanthropy – the ability of a witch to change into an animal
- Oath of Wicca – a binding oath to protect Wiccan secrets
- Pagan – relating to non-orthodox religion
- Pentacle – the pentacle is a witchcraft symbol
- Sabbat – the name given to the principle festivals
- Scarab – considered as a symbol of continuation of life through rebirth. Ancient Egyptians consider the scarab beetle a sacred insect
- Solo Witch – a solo witch is a witch that practices witchcraft alone
- Triple Goddess – the principle female deity of witch craft
- Wand – a magickal rod used to perform magick and witchcraft
- Witchcraft – in Europe the term witch is described as male or female shamans
- Witch Hazel – were used as divining and dowsing rods to locate water or ‘witch’ a well or find hydration.